Follow-up Comment #4, bug #13728 (project mc):

> Does `bar/name/' contain any entries or is it empty ?

empty, but this should not matter. i don't think we want this susv3-compliant
behavior. at the top level, if the target is an existing directory (empty or
not), we want to move _into_ this directory (like we currently do). once we
started recursing, we just merge into existing directories.
frankly, move should behave just like copy. i think it would even make sense
to merge move into copy with an additional flag. if a real move succeeds, skip
the recursion. if it fails, do a recursive copy+delete. because of the
recursion, a real move is attempted at every level - exactly what we want.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13728>