Pavel Tsekov wrote:
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Arpi wrote:

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Arpi wrote:

select_dirs.patch
   In select/unselect files dialog:
   let mask/ select directories only, and /mask select dirs+files

This doesn't seem very intuitive.

Why?
/mask   things in the current (/) directory
mask/ or /mask/   only directories (path has '/' ending) here
mask    files  (old behaviour)

To me it is not obvious. When I see `/' I think root directory. Anyway,
this is just me. What worries me most is the fact that this patch changes
the old behaviour. I'd like to hear what other people think of it.

Selecting directories with a mask looks useful to me, but the leading slash indeed looks odd.

Concerning prior art: The shell expands "*/" to all directories in the current directory, and "*" to all files and directories. Here, the problem is that mc's behavior already differs from sh's. Otherwise I'd say we just imitate the shell.

Roland