On Fri, 4 Nov 2016, Guus Bonnema wrote:

On 3-11-2016 22:09, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
 On Thu, 3 Nov 2016, solarflow99 wrote:

>  Could this explain it?
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc/2016-October/msg00009.html

 Most likely it can be simply explained by the fact that shell wrappers
 don't take effect until you re-login, so on a freshly installed system mc
 will not remember last directory right after installing the package.

I have been unclear. What I meant is that following a fresh install, MC doesn't remember the current directory after closing MC. So open MC, navigate, then close MC and you end up in the directory you started out in.

I understood what you meant; mc doesn't remember anything at all, this is done by shell wrappers, and these wrappers have to be activated first...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev