Amazon Glacier uses Amazon S3 which is designed for 99.999999999%
durability and 99.99% availability.. moving data in is free
but retrieval can cost you.  S3 is a great place for reliable storage but
under normal S3 rates your 12 TB would cost $1320 per month but with the
new Glacier pricing it would cost $120 per month.

Rich