I am more concerned with security issues: IM, since it is a Peer-to-peer
application.

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of Russ
Brooks
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:42 AM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Skype- use it or block it?

We have used Skype to facilitate telecommuting (making calls to landlines).
Great low cost way to stay in contact with the office and to do business
with contractors.

Also, we sometimes use the chat feature for quick questions even when we are
sitting 20 feet away from the person we are chatting with.

We have even used it to send images for quick review and approval.

Russ Brooks
Web Production Officer / Agent de production de sites Web
Information and Technology Services / Services de l'information et des
technologies
Canadian Museum of Nature / Mus?e canadien de la nature
PO Box 3443 Stn ?D? / CP 3443 Succ ? D ?
T: 613-364-4034
E/C: rbrooks at mus-nature.ca
nature.ca

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu