Hi Scott,
I did a presentation at InfoComm last June that may be useful.

I endeavored to build an outline for planning the various aspects of a display/
interactive project for various channels in terms of objectives, costs and
workflow.  Each project has decision points in the areas of Communications mode
(Broadcast, On Demand or Interactive), Software platform (Packaged, Customized
package or Custom), Hardware & Infrastructure (Where? What? Size? Supporting
infrastructure), and Content Sources & Workflow (What is it? Can it be re-used?
 If so, what is the transformation?).  Decisions in each of these areas impact
the budget and help to define the stakeholders for the overall project.

I uploaded the presentation slides to slideshare, which messed up the
formatting a bit.  It starts with a lot of pictures of artwork to give context
to a non-museum crowd.  Let me know if larger images of anything would be
useful.

http://www.slideshare.net/eneelyAIC/integrating-broadcast-and-interactive-displays-to-create-a-unique-visitor-experience

Thanks,
Liz

On Dec 15, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Scott Sayre wrote:

> Hi Folks-
>
> I'm developing a section of a course on electronic signage and wayfinding
> systems in museums.
> I am looking for examples of interactive and non-interactive systems that can
> also be viewed online.
>
> Two examples would be:
> Art Institute of Chicago's - PathFinder
> http://www.artic.edu/pathfinder/php/pathfinder.php
>
> Minneapolis Institute of Arts - Today at the Museum
> http://www.artsmia.org/directories/
>
> I'm hoping some of you might be willing to share URL's to other examples you
> manage, created or know of, even if they are just electronic signs.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> All best,
> Scott
>

> Scott Sayre
> Sandbox Studios / Museum411
> Education ? Technology ? Art
> 2520 Colfax Avenue South
> Minneapolis, Minnesota 55405
> v) 612.423.9691
> f) 612.377.4848
> http://www.sandboxstudios.org
> http://www.museum411.com
> AOLIM/iChat/Skype: zbarscott

> http://toronto.mediatrope.com/pipermail/mcn-l/

---
Elizabeth Neely
Director of Digital Information and Access
The Art Institute of Chicago
111 S. Michigan Avenue
www.artic.edu/aic
312-443-3669
Information Services Help Desk: (49)9-4000
StartIT - Technical Support on the Web  https://startIT.artic.edu