Deborah Wythe
Brooklyn Museum
Digital Collections and Services

deborahwythe at hotmail.com

From: sbe...@lclark.edu
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:57:38 -0700
To: mcn-l at mcn.edu
Subject: [MCN-L] Update on Images for Academic Publishing...?

**Please excuse cross-posting!**

Hello collective wisdom,

I wanted to update my records on which museums and institutions offer images
for academic publishing, so that if a faculty member wants information on
what is available "out there" for high-quality imagery for their upcoming
publication, I will have an updated list.

At VRA/ARLIS 2011, ARTstor presented on the expansion of their IAP program,
so I am already aware of what they are doing. My records are now outdated
and consist of the V&A Museum and the British Museum. Does anyone know of
others? Also, I know that stipulations usually require a print run of 4,000
or less and may have other usage restrictions.

In addition to ARTstor, I am also aware of VADS, Bridgeman Art Library,
AKG-images, and of course, Art Resource. From the VRA Listserve, I was able
to add AICT and Yale University Art Gallery my no-cost list and the New York
Public Library, the Granger Collection, and Archivision as some for-a-fee
options.

Are there other similar services?

Thank you so much!
Stephanie Beene (MA and MSIS)