Hi all,

I posted this the other day and since I heard there was some trouble with the
list serve and I didn't get any response I thought it was worth asking again:

Does anyone have any experience with Freebase from Google?

In their own words,
"Freebase is an open, Creative Commons licensed repository of structured data
of more than 12 million entities. An entity is a single person, place, or
thing. Freebase connects entities together as a graph. Each one has a unique
Id, which can help distinguish multiple entities which have similar names, such
as Henry Ford the industrialist vs Henry Ford the footballer.
Most of our topics are associated with one or more types (such as people,
places, books, films, etc) and may have additional propertieslike "date of
birth" for a person or latitude and longitude for a location. These types and
properties and related concepts are calledSchema.
Anyone can contribute data to Freebase, and you can also build your own schema
in a Base if Freebase does not yet have schema for a subject you're interested
in.
Ways to use Freebase:
Use Freebase's Ids to uniquely identify entities anywhere on the web
Query Freebase's data using MQL
Build applications using our API or Acre, our hosted development platform
Freebase is also a community of thousands of data-lovers, working together to
improve Freebase's data.

I'm researching this for a client and would greatly appreciate any info or
experience you've had with it. Many thanks,
Robin

Robin White Owen
M: 917/407-7641
T: 646/472-5145