Dear Gail:

My merry band of costume historians use the V&A's website regularly, and
they were very excited by this release. I haven't had a chance to browse
through, but I noticed that one of the limitations that was present on
the old site is still present in this iteration (or appears to be).

Basically, we tend to do large search groups within a narrow era. For
example, when looking for costumes from the late-18th century, it's easy
to specify the date range, but we often have to search separately
"dress", "gown", "textile", "shoes", "pet-en-lair", "chemise", "grande
habit", "caracao", etc. when really a broader category search within
that date range would be helpful.

Does your database backend have an option for field groups, subject, or
category searches, so that a range of items can be retrieved in one
swoop?

Really, really looking forward to fishing through your collections
again.

Best,

~Perian

Perian Sully