I was wondering if some of you would be willing to share how you
describe works on paper.  Specifically, how detailed is the medium
information on your wall labels?  If you have an ink drawing on paper,
would you just say "ink on paper," or would you include the color and
specific paper type, such as "red ink on ivory paper?"  CCO seems to
favor longer, more detailed descriptions for works on paper.  CDWA
indicates that material color is optional.  If you are following these
standards, are you indicating color all of the time, or only when it is
somehow exceptional or necessary?  I did a quick search on a handful of
museums' sites and it seemed like color was always being indicated for
drawings.

Thanks,
Amber

the warhol:
Amber E. Morgan
Associate Registrar
117 Sandusky Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
T 412.237.8306
F 412.237.8340
E morgana at warhol.org
W www.warhol.org

The Andy Warhol Museum
One of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh

Email newsletter http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/email
Membership http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/SupportCMP