All,

First time responding to this listserv.

At the MIM we are looking at implementing a typical 'digital signage'
approach where we have the playback devices co-located with the
monitors.  The devices that we are looking at implementing are from
CELabs (http://www.celabs.net) and we are testing both the HD300zx as
well as the MP400A.  Both are networkable and able to be administrated
and updated with content through the network.  Take a look at the specs
as they are very flexible and price friendly products.

We are also using a custom mounting solution from Chief Manufacturing
that works well as a containment unit for the player, cables and even a
powerstrip.  It also is the mount for the video monitor itself (there
are models for both large and small monitors).  I would be happy to
outline more of the solution including our format selection for the
videos itself.

Thanks.

Mark McCauley  |  Director of Technology  |  MIM-Musical Instrument
Museum

8550 S. Priest Drive  |  Tempe, AZ 85284  | 480.481.2460 main  |
480.425.3215 direct | 480.481.2459 fax  |   www.themim.org
<http://www.themim.org/>