>_______________________________

Indeed great, for libraries and others needing information on books
published in the US between 1923 and 1963 whose copyright was
renewed. (It's not really an Orphan Works database, rather a
copyright renewal database.)  Alas, for museums needing information
on works of art, we are as usual left scratching our heads. Stanford
is nevertheless to be praised for this great initiative.  Perhaps we
could collectively encourage Stanford to enlarge the scope of the project.

Amalyah Keshet
Head of Image Resources & Copyright Management
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem  www.imj.org.il
Chair, MCN IP special interest group www.mcn.edu
Blog  www.musematic.net