Hi Everyone -

This is turning out to be a really fun project - I've gotten some nice
results from folks across. Thank you.

As part of this research project, I also started looking into what CMS's
Museums are using. Is this kind of data already available?

Here is some data I've collected initially :
http://www.arrowrootmedia.com/2013/01/22/what-kind-of-cmss-do-museums-use/

Quick bullet points :

   - Out of 500 museums I reviewed, over 50 of them use WordPress, and 46
   use Drupal for their main sites
   - Very few are using Blogger, SharePoint, Joomla, Expression Engine
   - A majority of museums don't have their code documented in a way that
   could have a CMS detected

In any case, if anyone has run a research project like this, or is
interested in helping collect this data, organize survey results, or simply
participate in this data collection project, please do feel free to reach
out.

I'm thinking this could definitely turn into a nice MCN presentation. If
not, at least we'll have more data. And who doesn't love *more data?* :-)

Sincerely,
Jaki

web: http://arrowrootmedia.com
cell: 646-339-9410