Git is a great tool for tracking software code, and versions of various
projects. It's critical to keeping various versions of our media resources
as we move forward. However, git doesn't handle large files like video,
graphics, and binary code very well. So I've been doing some initial
experiments with git-annex as an add-on to this tool:
http://git-annex.branchable.com/

Git is a technical tool, that takes some learning to use, but it's very
flexible and broadly used across many environment unlike some other
solutions we've looked at. Git obviously doesn't cover all the ground of a
full DAM system, but it's meeting many of our needs as we move forward with
new media interactives.

bk
bryan kennedy
director, exhibit media