We are a small museum and this area has grown out of the Technology and Digital
Media Department which has a staff of 10 people and comprises a Technology
Division, a Web and Digital Media Division and a brand new Media Production
Division.

For a few years we have produced short exhibitions and permanent collections
related videos with one full-time videographer and one part-time AV tech/Audio
Engineer. They are often helped by the photographer who is part of the
Curatorial Department.

Now I am officially creating a Media Production Division which reports to me
and will have two full-time staff, an AV Technician/Audio Engineer and a
Videographer/Media Producer and they will handle all AV production, including
live streaming of lectures as well as podcasts and exhibitions as well as
permanent collections related video production. We maintain tight quality
control over these productions.

Recently our Education Department began filming videos of some of the short
gallery talks given regularly by education interns. These are done
independently of the Technology Department by a part-time person in the
Education Department and are showcased in the Student Programs area of our Web
site.
We have no formal involvement with production of these videos, but they do go
past the Web team who keep eyes on quality and consistency and make
suggestions, if needed.

In regards to the archived lectures and exhibitions as well as permanent
collections related video production, we save both raw and edited footage and
have a large storage area network. Our IT Manager and Network Admin handle
storage issues but I realize that we need to work out a long term plan as this
area grows.

We use Vimeo, YouTube and Art Babble and ForaTV to make video accessible via
links (embeds) from our Web site.

This is all developing for us and I'll fine tune as we grow.

Floyd Thomas Sweeting III
Head, Technology &? Digital Media

THE FRICK COLLECTION
1 East 70th Street