For those in the NYC area:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

The Kernochan Center for Law, Media and the Arts at Columbia Law School is
holding a symposium on Friday, Oct. 10, 2014.  The title of the symposium is
Creation is Not Its Own Reward:  Making Copyright Work for Artists and
Performers.
In light of the ongoing review of the Copyright Act , we?ve invited  individual
creators as well as creators? representatives in various fields to talk about
what authors, artists and performers need from the copyright law.  We?ll also
have panels from industry, academia and government.  To start the day, we?ll
hear from two authors who make their living from writing:  TJ Stiles, who won a
National Book Award and a Pulitzer Prize for his book The First Tycoon: The
Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt, and Doug Wright, who won the Pulitzer Prize
for his play I Am My Own Wife.
You can go to the Kernochan Center website,
http://www.law.columbia.edu/kernochan to look at the full program and to
register.  We hope to see you there!
Best,
June

June M. Besek, Esq.
Executive Director, Kernochan Center for Law, Media and the Arts
Columbia Law School
435 W. 116th St. Box A-17
New York, NY 10027

Office:  JG 738
Phone: 212-854-1384<tel:212-854-1384>
Email:  jbesek at law.columbia.edu<mailto:jbesek at law.columbia.edu>

Amalyah Keshet
Head of Image Resources & Copyright Management
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
Chair, MCN IP SIG

.