Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:17:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: mc...@world.std.com
Subject: more about image storage

We are multimedia producer/designers who have a big need for storing graphics
files.  Over the years, we have used Syquest, optical and Jaz disks and
CD-ROM recordable discs.  The optical disks are very slow and several have
been unreliable and/or unreadable.  The Jaz disks seem fine and are much
faster, although we have heard rumors that others are having trouble.  We
have an older CD-ROM recording system that is a little tempermental. but a
newer one should be fine.  Some of our problem has been a factor of the hard
disk and not the disc-recorder per se.  CD-ROM discs have been a good option
for us.  However, the recordable type is not as durable as those made with a
glass master, and you must make sure that you don't stick something like a
post-it to the surface, as the film can lift right off.  Hope this is
helpful.
Lois McLean, Producer
McLean Media