Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:15:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: "M. Elings" <meli...@library.berkeley.edu>
To: mc...@world.std.com
Subject: Re: Digital camera use

Hello Marla,
I am currently co-managing The Honeyman Digital Archiving Project here in
the library. We are using a Phase One digital camera back to capture
images of paintings, drawings, prints and photographs. On previous imaging
projects we used PhotoCD and converted to TIFF, but have found the Phase
One capture to be a better solution for several reasons and are very
pleased with the results (which will be on the web later this year).

You might want to contact Mikki Carpenter or Linda Serenson-Colet at the
MoMA in NY. They are also using a Phase One for a similar project and may
be able to provide additional info on this particular camera back.

Mary W. Elings                        University of California
Pictorial Archivist                         Berkeley, CA 94720
The Bancroft Library                           Ph 510-642-8170
meli...@library.berkeley.edu                   Fx 510-642-7589