Hans Zonnevijlle wrote:

> I hope you can give us useful advise and/or experience on the following:
> our (new) museum is on its way to select a new collections registration
> software system (CRS). The ICT department has made a first selection:
> TMS, CuadraStar, Minisis and Adlib Museum. Not a bad selection! But in
> their selection criteria they did not incorporate my wish: link our Library
> with the CRS. Has anybody experience with the above mentioned
> software in regard of their Library possibilities? Is there another
> newsgroup which I can ask for advise? I am aware of the CHIN software
> review of these software packages, but any real world experience is very
> welcome.

CuadraSTAR has both Libraries and Museusm pre-defined packages
available.  We use both and the databases are available for searching on
our website www.vahistorical.org.  Go to "Research" and follow the links
to the online catalog.  We hope to implement cross-database searching
this year.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Julie Beamer
Database Manager