I am very excited to announce that the Morton Arboretum will be hosting one
of the basecamp sites for the ARIS Global Game Jam
<http://arisgames.org/ggj2015/> on *Friday, October 23rd... *and you are
all invited!

ARIS <http://arisgames.org/> is a user-friendly, open-source platform
created by an interdisciplinary team out of UW-Madison
<http://www.fielddaylab.org> for creating and playing mobile games, tours,
and interactive stories. Using GPS (and/or QR codes), ARIS players
experience a hybrid world of virtual interactive characters, items, and
media placed in physical space. The ARIS user community is active and
diverse, with projects coming out of museums, universities, grade schools,
and artist communities around the globe.

*Who should attend?*

Anyone interested in playful learning, digital storytelling, and
interactive environments. The intuitive platform makes it easy to learn the
basics, and advanced users can create incredibly sophisticated and complex
games. Come as a team from your institution, or join a team on-site on the
day of the event.

*What will we be doing?*

In short, creating location-based games! The game jam will run all day
(from about 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.); we will begin with a live feed to the
kick-off event at the main host site in Madison, Wisconsin and then move
right into an ARIS platform bootcamp. After that, you'll have plenty of
time to create and play--all in a beautiful outdoor setting.

*What will be provided?*

Our facilitators will give you all of the training and tools to get up and
running in ARIS. Snacks, lunch, and admission to the Arboretum will also be
provided. You may want to bring your own laptop and / or iOS device,
although we will have loaners on hand.

*What does it cost?*

Absolutely nothing.

*Interested in attending? *

Register here <http://goo.gl/forms/YVm2eiYTXP>.

*Have more questions?*

Contact me at cdougherty[at]mortonarb.org

I look forward to seeing you in October!

Carissa Dougherty

Head of Knowledge Management

The Morton Arboretum  |  4100 Illinois Route 53  |  Lisle, Illinois 60532
T  *630-725-2136* |    *cdoughe...@mortonarb.org <cdoughe...@mortonarb.org>*