We have been using MS Terminal Server for access to TMS for >five years.  The
benefits
        Macs have access
        No client is installed across desktops
        Upgrades are done at a single point
        Consistent method of access for Mac or Windows users (aka Remote
Desktop)

Several of the items have already been mentioned, but the one point I stepped
into mention was the support of local emulation software on the Macs.  In our
case we were looking at Parallels (again some time ago) - and what really
concerned me was when the instance on the Macintosh failed, it took a fair bit
of work by the helpdesk to get it working again.  I didn’t want 20+ of these
sitting out there.

Best,
Thomas

Thomas R. Raich
Information Technology Group
Yale University Art Gallery
o: 203.432.6589
f: 203.432.9260

thomas.ra...@yale.edu
   artgallery.yale.edu
   ecatalogue.art.yale.edu

Now on View
Selections from the Yale Center for British Art
Through Sunday, November 29, 2015

Permanent Collection
Spanning three buildings, the greatly expanded spaces now feature more than
4,000 objects, including many favorites, new acquisitions, and works long off
view.

Art Gallery Location: http://map.yale.edu/map/#building:YUAG