On behalf of the ARLIS/NA and VRA Executive Boards, we are delighted to
announce that *registration is open*
<http://www.arlisna-vra.org/seattle2016/registration.php> for the *3rd
Joint ARLIS/NA + VRA Conference
<http://www.arlisna-vra.org/seattle2016/>* (March
8-12, 2016, Seattle, WA).

Join us as we mark the 44th Annual Conference of ARLIS/NA
<http://www.arlisna.org/> and the 34th Annual Conference of VRA
<http://vraweb.org/> by exploring the affinities among art and visual
information professionals through our conference theme, Natural
Connections.

Meet and reconnect with colleagues from around the world, engage in
discussion about key professional developments and enjoy the extraordinary
natural and planned environments of Seattle, the Emerald City.

We are also pleased to welcome attendees of two affiliated events in
Seattle: THATCamp <http://arlisnavra2016.thatcamp.org/> digital humanities
unconference (March 8) and the Association of Architecture School Librarians
<http://www.architecturelibrarians.org/> (AASL) annual meeting (March
11-13).  As well as inviting these colleagues to the joint conference, we
encourage ARLIS/NA + VRA members to consider extending their visits to
include these meetings.

With the many Natural Connections created by this dynamic gathering of
like-minded colleagues, thought provoking sessions, practical workshops,
beautiful exhibits, festive social gatherings, and diverse cultural
offerings, the stimulating Seattle conference will help us navigate the
waters of our professional past and present, and guide our ascent as we
rise together to meet the challenges of the future.

We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!
Elaine Paul                  Kristen Regina
President, VRA           President, ARLIS/NA

Stephanie Beene <http://libguides.lclark.edu/sbeene>
Visual Resources and Arts Librarian
In the library, room 329 or:
sbe...@lclark.edu