I'm delighted to announce that four new posts for the Department have today
been advertised, hopefully to join us from April onwards or as soon as possible
thereafter.  You'll find details here:

https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66187 Lecturer
in Digital Media Management and Innovation

https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66188 Lecturer
in Digital Culture

https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66182 Lecturer
in Digital Curation

https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66177 Professor

"The Department of Digital Humanities is recruiting four new posts: three
lecturships and a professorial post.  The Department is entering a period of
growth and expansion building on our success in the 2014 Research Excellence
Framework (REF) and the rapid growth in student numbers on our four MA
programmes, the recently launched BA in Digital Culture, and the PhD in Digital
Humanities. In September 2016 the Department will launch a new MA in Big Data
in Culture and Society. The Department through its research and teaching aims
to make a world-leading contribution to understanding our digital lives,
cultures and societies, and in the process to forge a strong understanding of
the place of the humanities in today's digital world. Further details of the
posts can be found by following the links below:

Professor: The Department is seeking to appoint a Professor of Digital
Humanities to provide intellectual and strategic leadership, world-leading
research, and inspiring teaching at both undergraduate and post graduate level.
The post holder will demonstrate exceptional performance in research, teaching
and leadership, enhancing and extending the reputation of the Department as
world-leading, including facilitating impact and knowledge exchange and
identifying new areas for research and exploration.
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66177

Lecturer in Digital Curation: The Lecturer in Digital Curation will join the
team teaching on the highly successful MA Digital Asset and Media Management,
the MA Digital Curation, and will contribute to the BA Digital Culture where
appropriate. The post holder must be able to demonstrate research strengths and
comprehensive knowledge of the lifecycle management of digital assets,
including digital preservation, metadata, and access, and be capable of
translating this knowledge into innovative teaching that inspires our students.
The post holder will have the opportunity to develop their research strengths
in the area of digital curation and to extend into new directions and
significant emergent areas, for example in digital forensics or aspects of
semantic interoperability.
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66182

Lecturer in Digital Media Management and Innovation: The Lecturer in Digital
Media Management and Innovation will join the teams teaching on the highly
successful MA Digital Asset and Media Management and the BA Digital Culture.
The post holder will provide internationally excellent research and teaching in
digital media management with particular expertise in one or more of the
following: management theory and practice in the digital media and content
industries, digital marketing and digital advertising, digital economy and
audiences, and innovation and entrepreneurship in the digital industries.
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66187

Lecturer in Digital Culture: The Lecturer in Digital Culture will join the team
teaching on the recently launched BA Digital Culture and will contribute to the
MA programmes where appropriate. The successful applicant will have an
interdisciplinary mindset drawing insights from different domains of human and
social sciences, and from computing and information science, with research and
expertise in digital technology and its implications on various fields of
contemporary society and culture. We particularly welcome applicants with
research and teaching strengths in either Internet studies and theoretical
approaches to the Internet or those with strengths in researching online
communities and the creative potential of the internet including web
publishing, web design and knowledge representation.
https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=66188

Simon Tanner | Pro Vice Dean (Impact & Innovation), Arts & Humanities
Department of Digital Humanities<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ddh/> | Senior Tutor and
Chair of SSLC
King's College London | 219,  26-29 Drury Lane | London WC2B 5RL

Email: simon.tan...@kcl.ac.uk<mailto:simon.tan...@kcl.ac.uk>
Research: https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/simon.tanner.html
Twitter: @SimonTanner<https://twitter.com/SimonTanner>
Blog:   http://simon-tanner.blogspot.co.uk<http://simon-tanner.blogspot.co.uk/>

**RESEARCH SUPPORT FOR KING'S ARTS & HUMANITIES PEOPLE**
https://internal.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/staff/research/index.aspx