Dear all,

In order to get us started with the LAM interoperability SIG, we would like to
get your feedback on a few questions.

1. Use cases: as a museum, library or archive, whenever you tried to integrate
your data with other institutions, what worked, what didn't, and why?

2. Interoperable metadata schemas and/or ontologies: what is out there that can
help bring collection data and bibliographical data together? What do you think
about them, what are the challenges and how do you plan or wish to utilize them?

3. Existing interoperability tools: what software platforms do you use? If you
could design your own, what would they be?

4. Staffing: what staff member(s) usually work together on these questions of
data interoperability at your institution (list titles)? What new staff
position(s) would be useful?

If you could give brief replies that would be great. The goal is to assess the
challenges of our community as well as the opportunities.  This common base
should lead to some interesting discussions that we could bring up in an
in-person meeting at the next MCN conference in New Orleans.

Emmanuelle and Stefano

Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass
Collections Data Manager
Collections Information & Access Department
Yale Center for British Art
http://britishart.yale.edu
203-410-4069
--
Stefano Cossu
Director of Application Services, Collections