Last year,  the National Archives hosted the annual Wikimedia USA
conference at our facility in DC. One of the main themes coming out of the
conference was how to increase contributor diversity within the Wikipedia
editor community. To help further this discussion within Wikimedia and to
learn how we can improve diversity in our own citizen engagement and
crowdsourcing efforts, we are co-hosting a conference next Friday and
Saturday (June 17-18) in DC that will focus on this issue.

The conference is open to all.
About: https://wikidiversity.org/wiki/Main_Page
Register:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wikimedia-diversity-conference-registration-25659667757
Follow #DivCon16 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/divcon16?src=hash

Also note that the National Archives is hosting a LGBTQ Editathon the day
before (Thursday, June 16). Join us (in person or remotely) to help improve
Wikipedia entries related to LGBT history:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Pride_2016/DC

For more information on diversity and inclusion at the National Archives,
see:
https://aotus.blogs.archives.gov/2016/06/08/celebrating-diversity-at-the-national-archives/