This year, MCN is looking to recruit *5 members to our Board of Directors*.
Terms will begin in November at the annual conference in New Orleans.

*Why join the board?*
For many of our board members, serving MCN is a way to give back to an
organization and a community that have helped them in their museum careers.
It’s an opportunity to be part of a team of talented museum professionals
who, together, shape the strategic direction of MCN and constantly think
about new ways to better serve the needs of our community.

*Why join now? Who should apply?*
In 2017, MCN will celebrate the 50th anniversary of its founding. We are
looking for people to help MCN plan this exciting milestone and execute the
strategic priorities identified in our 2016-2018 Strategic Plan (
http://mcn.edu/about/mcn-strategic-plan-2016-2018/). While all members of
the community with an interest in serving MCN can apply, we are
particularly interested in candidates who bring specific expertise and
experience in at least two or more of the following key areas:

   - Programming and content around the annual conference
   - Marketing, branding, public relations, and community engagement
   - Professional development
   - Fundraising / development expertise
   - IT / programming / developer

*How to apply*
To learn more about what is expected of board members and how to apply,
please see our 2016 Call for Board Candidates:
http://mcn.edu/2016-call-board-candidates/

*Applications are due June 30*.

-----
Eric Longo