The Metropolitan Museum seeks a Digital Asset Technical Specialist.
The museum’s Digital Department leads the creation, production, presentation,
and dissemination of multimedia content to support the viewing and
understanding of The Met collection and exhibitions, both within the galleries
and online. The department is responsible for managing electronic documentation
and digital assets associated with The Met collection, publishing the
collection information to a variety of platforms, and ensuring greater access
to The Met's digital resources.
The museum’s digital asset management software facilitates the cataloging,
discovery, dissemination, and long‐term preservation of the 1‐2 million digital
assets captured and collected by the museum. The scope of the collection
includes artwork, historic images of the Museum and its exhibitions, and video
and audio material related to the museum’s daily activities and exhibitions.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Digital Asset Technical Specialist participates in the analysis, transfer,
tracking and organization of all digital collections used by both internal
Museum staff and external constituents. In addition, this position collaborates
with stakeholders and other specialists within the Collection Information group
on the review and configuration of metadata, participates in the development
and deployment of workflow processes, and contributes to other system
integrations and enhancements, including task automation, troubleshooting,
reporting, and other digitization procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Provide support for the Museum's Digital Asset Management system (NetX),
based on a strong understanding of content management, client server
environment, web services, security roles etc. as well as demonstrated
experience with a variety of image, audio and video formats
* Review, analyze, and evaluate system and user needs. Assist in the
development and deployment of solutions based on user requirements.
* Monitor data migration/synchronization tasks between various Museum data
* Streamline acquisitions, deployments and conversions of multimedia
content for both internal and external uses
* Oversee assigned local collections and other special projects and their
workflow for processing within the DAMS
* Design, develop, and maintain reports for the Museum’s content management
systems (e.g., production workflows, digital rights management, licensing
· Extend DAMS system integrations in response to user requirements and
ongoing product development.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
· 3+ years of digital asset or content management user experience
required. NetX preferred.
· Knowledge of digitization processes for content, including digital
image capture and scanning, image, audio and video formats and codecs, file
conversion and archiving, data mining and harvesting, and metadata taxonomies.
· Ability to edit and maintain library of DAMS XML system configuration
· Ability to query SQL databases.
· Ability to edit and maintain external scripts using EXIFtools and
· Knowledge of XMP and other metadata schemas.
· Experience with Windows Server 2012.
· Understanding rest and web service APIs for accessing the DAMS and
external data sources.
· Experience with Jira, SOLR, and enterprise Java applications preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to collaborate
with staff at all levels across the institution and with outside organizations
Knowledge and Education:
· BA in computer science, library science or other related field
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to Lori Malberg.
lori.malb...@metmuseum.org<mailto:lori.malb...@metmuseum.org> Please include
“Digital Asset Technical Specialist” in the subject line.
You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum Computer
To post to this list, send messages to: email@example.com
To unsubscribe or change mcn-l delivery options visit:
The MCN-L archives can be found at: