Hi Matt,

I worked on a piece of software a few years ago called Neatline that does this
(http://neatline.org), though you may not like the additional overhead of Omeka
for this. I’ve also done something like this with Google Earth (which sometimes
works well with touch screens) and set the default view and zoom to what you
want. You might also want to check out FotoMaps (fotomaps.net) if you’re OK
with Flash running (though I’m not sure about it’s touch response). While this
isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, you might find StoryMap
(https://storymap.knightlab.com) of some use for this…

Wayne

On 9/27/16, 11:52 AM, "mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu on behalf of Douglas Hegley"