**Meet Your ARCS Board Members**
We're pleased to start a new feature in our updates, introducing you to
ARCS Board members.  This month we would like to introduce you to Board
Member and ARCS Vice-President Toni M. Kiser.

"I am the Assistant Director for Collections Management at The National
WWII Museum in New Orleans, LA. I have been at the museum for 10 years and
have seen us go through a tremendous amount of growth. We recently more
than doubled our artifact storage area which has allowed us to take a fresh
look at our storage practices. We are embarking on several re-housing and
inventory projects as part of our move out, and then back in, to our
storage areas."

**#ARCSConf2019 Update**
ARCS is already busy planning the 2019 Biennial Conference. We are
currently exploring potential cities and hotels, and hope to announce both
in the Spring. Are you interested in helping with the 2019 Conference? You
can volunteer here-http://www.arcsinfo.org/support-arcs/volunteering.

**#ARCSConf 2017 Stipend Recipient Reviews**
Reviews of conference sessions from our travel stipend recipients are now
available on our website.  Today we would like to highlight the following:

-Gina Irish, Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna O Waiwhetu, Christchurch NZ:
A Tale of Two Museums: Documenting "The Refusal of Time"

-Rebecca Romere, Marino Marini Foundation, Pistoia, Italy:  Technology: 3-D
Scanning on Loans for Your Incoming Exhibition Loans

-Caitlin R. Rumery, Denver Art Museum /Independent, Denver CO:  Complicated
Loan Negotiations: Informal Study of Various Industry Requirements and

Feel free to further the discussion, add comments, clarify points, etc. at
the ARCS Forum page set up for this purpose here. -

**Learning Opportunities with the Conservation Center for Art and Historic
The Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts is pleased to offer
two 2-day workshops addressing the continually evolving challenges of
caring for modern and contemporary collections. The 20th and 21st centuries
presented a vast array of new materials which have left collections staff
in uncharted territory as they address unprecedented preservation problems.
Colors change and fade, structures lose their integrity, and material
components become obsolete. Libraries, museums, archives, and other
collecting institutions must understand the long-term preservation needs of
these items in order to determine appropriate priorities for conservation,
storage, exhibition, documentation, and digitization. These two-day
conferences will explore ways to anticipate, plan for, and address
preservation concerns in modern and contemporary collections.  This program
is intended for collections care staff responsible for modern and
contemporary materials in museums, libraries, and archives.  More
information can be found here-http://conta.cc/2GRuHly

**American Society of Appraisers Online Webinar**
ARCS members can get discounted rates on the webinar Valuation and Legal
Aspects of Charitable Contributions being held March 21, 2018.  This online
webinar will present the most up-to-date information for appraisers who
currently or will work with charitable contributions. Participants will
learn about IRS rulings and requirements for Fair Market Value deductions
for non-cash charitable contributions. The sessions will also cover other
topics related to appraisals, gifts and more. For more information visit
the ASA website-http://www.appraisers.org/Education/View-Class?ClassID=3845.
Please email arcs4...@gmail.com to get your discount code.

**Important Dates**
March 6, 2018  8 PM EST #ARCSchat on Twitter. Participate and follow here-