What do you think about you using a custom URL to promote and share, but
that resolves to 'ourmuseum.org/specialexhibit'? You get the benefit of it
being 'special' but then you make it part of the core web site and enjoy
the SEO and other benefits of being part of the core web site.

Hope that helps!

 - Brent

Chief Presentation Officer
Download FlowVella for iPhone/iPad *here* <http://bit.ly/flowvella-now>