We get this question every so often here at the NGA - we don¹t have a
solution right now but it is absolutely something I want to offer in our
next version of NGA Images, our open access images website. Some of our
clever users have been scripting downloads which has caused some system
headaches. Even something as simple as putting all of our images in
accessible cloud bucket might be a better option for those users who
*really* want to get everything.

So I¹d say - go for it and congrats on the new website and on your open
access policy.

Peter Dueker
National Gallery of Art, Washington