We invite you to join us on July 9th (12:30-1:30pm) for the NDSR Art Webinar
Getting Started with Disk Imaging. Registration is free using the following
link: mcn-l@mcn.edu

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5571793165501737997

//////////////////////////////////
NDSR Art Webinar / Getting Started with Disk Imaging
Tuesday, July 9 2019
12:30-1:30pm EST

This webinar, featuring Ben Fino-Radin, founder and lead conservator of Small
Data Industries, introduces the concept of Disk Imaging, focusing on the why,
when, how and the long-term. The presentation will address the questions: Why
make disk images? Should I use checksums? When should I do one versus the
other? Or when to do both? Following this, Ben will demonstrate the intake and
technical process for creating a disk image using FTK Imager software. The
discussion will conclude with a focus on the 'what next?'

Ben Fino-Radin is the founder of Small Data Industries, a lab whose mission is
to support and empower people to safeguard the permanence and integrity of the
world's artistic record. Previously, Ben served as Associate Media Conservator
at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), where in addition to the conservation of
digital art, he managed the design and development of the institution's digital
repository. He also led preservation initiatives at Rhizome as their Digital
Conservator. He holds an MSLIS and MFA in Digital Art from Pratt Institute, and
has served as an adjunct at NYU's Moving Image Archiving and Preservation
program.

Moderated by Rachel M. Ward: NDSR Art Resident at Small Data Industries and
Ph.D. Candidate in the School of Interactive Arts & Technology (SIAT) at Simon
Fraser University.

A recording of the webinar will also be made available on the ARLIS/NA Learning
Portal<https://www.pathlms.com/arlisna/events/614>.
The NDSR Art Webinar series is made possible through generous funding by the
Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through a 2016 Laura Bush
21st-Century Librarian Program grant.

Karina Wratschko
Digital Initiatives Librarian
she/her
t 215-684-7656

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA  19101-7646
www.philamuseum.org<http://www.philamuseum.org/>