Hi Mark,

We recently developed an in gallery exhibit for the Museums maritime archelogy
collection using a Drupal 8 + Gatsby JS + Reactive Search set up. The database
has around 16k objects with ~20 variable fields on each object and multiple
object images that can be over 50MB. I think redeveloping the primary site and
the collections, a progressively decoupled Drupal site is most viable. With
Drupal doing most the work, but having the option to be used as a repository or
API endpoint to create more tailored experiences. Happy to discuss any
questions.

Scott,

Scott Bamford
Digital Services Designer