Dear MCN colleagues,

In July 2019, the National Digital Stewardship Residency for art information
professionals (NDSR Art) concluded with the end of the second and final cohort.
We want to take this opportunity to thank those who participated and alert
those who may be interested of these resources for digital preservation of art
information as well as NDSR program administration.

There were so many contributions to this program and we want to take this
opportunity to thank the residents, hosts, mentors, speakers, advisory board
and task force members, evaluators, ARLIS/NA chapter members, and the ARLIS/NA
executive board for their contributions to the program and the field at large.

>From 2016-2019 NDSR Art was administered by the Philadelphia Museum of Art in
>partnership with ARLIS/NA (Art Libraries Society of North America), and made
>possible with generous funding from the Institute of Museum and Library
>Services. NDSR Art supported two nationally dispersed cohorts-each consisting
>of four recent postgraduates placed in host institutions for twelve-month
>residencies.

The NDSR Art cohorts addressed management and preservation of time-based media,
web archiving, apps, documentation of art and performance works,  collection
management systems, art and design theses, and in-gallery interactives. Both
cohorts shared project outcomes through webinars, symposia, conferences,
capstones, and final reports. Their residencies impacted the profession and
host institutions by helping reframe art librarianship and initiate
cross-disciplinary conversations around digital preservation. To learn more
about the residencies and projects, please see the resources below.

For those who are interested in administering a NDSR program, see the
overarching NDSR site<https://ndsr-program.org/> and feel free to get in touch
with the NDSR Advisory Group at
advisorybo...@ndsr-program.org<mailto:advisorybo...@ndsr-program.org>.

Thank you again for your interest and support, we look forward to seeing how
NDSR evolves.

Sincerely,
Karina and Kristen

RESOURCES

2017-2018 NDSR Art Cohort
Hosts: Minneapolis Institute of Art, Philadelphia Museum of Art, University of
Pennsylvania, Yale Center for British Art
Project Descriptions and Final Reports:
http://ndsr-pma.arlisna.org/2017-2018-hosts/

2018-2019 NDSR Art Cohort
Institutions: Art Institute of Chicago, Maryland Institute College of Art
(MICA), Small Data Industries, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Project Descriptions and Final Reports:
http://ndsr-pma.arlisna.org/projects-2018-19/

NDSR Art webinar recordings are available on ARLIS/NA's open access Learning
Portal: https://www.pathlms.com/arlisna/events/614

ARLIS/NA's NDSR Art Task Force Report:
https://arlisna.org/publications/arlis-na-research-reports/1760-ndsr-taskforce-update-2019

NDSR Art Program and Curriculum Evaluations:
http://ndsr-pma.arlisna.org/about/#grant or
https://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub173/

NDSR programs to date: https://ndsr-program.org/

---
About NDSR Art
NDSR Art was conceived as a residency program to help art and cultural
institutions tackle issues of digital stewardship. NDSR Art is an iteration of
the NDSR program that began in 2013 with a pilot project developed by the
Library of Congress in conjunction with the Institute of Museum and Library
Services.

The mission of the National Digital Stewardship Residency (NDSR) is to build a
dedicated community of professionals who will advance our nation's capabilities
in managing, preserving, and making accessible the digital record of human
achievement. The NDSR program began in 2013 with a pilot project developed by
the Library of Congress in conjunction with the Institute of Museum and Library
Services (IMLS). The original goals of the program were to foster the creation
of a cadre of experts in the field and to encourage LIS schools to include more
experiential learning as part of their standard curricula. NDSR programs serves
several different populations: students interested in the field of digital
stewardship, partnering institutions, and the broader cultural heritage
community. NDSR projects to date have included geographically-focused groups of
NDSR host sites in Washington, D.C., New York, Boston, and topically-focused
NDSR projects for public broadcasting, art, and biodiversity he
 ritage data collections.

Karina Wratschko
Assistant Director of Library and Digital Strategies
Library and Archives |
philamuseum.libguides.com<https://philamuseum.libguides.com/home/research>
215-684-7656
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA  19101-7646
www.philamuseum.org<http://www.philamuseum.org/>