Hello everyone!

Join us for a peek into the oh-so-evocative world of YBA Sarah Lucas.

I invite you to join the team and I, tonight at 7PM EST for Considering Art
: Considering Nudity as we continue to expand our FREE public programming.
More info below.

About this event.

Sarah Lucas is an English artist and part of the generation of Young
British Artists (YBA) who emerged during the 1990s. Her works frequently
employ visual puns and bawdy humor by incorporating photography, collage,
and found objects.

Tonight we explore some of Lucas’s most important projects, including early
sculptures from the 1990s that substitute domestic furniture for human body
parts.

In this LIVE 90 minute tour, we will consider the photographic
self-portraits that Lucas has produced throughout her career, biomorphic
sculptures - including her stuffed-stocking Bunnies (1997–ongoing) and NUDS
(2009–ongoing), the Penetralia series (2008–ongoing), and selections from
her installations at the Freud Museum in London (2000) and the British
Pavilion at the Venice Biennale (2015). These works, which complicate
inscribed sexual and social normativity codes, aim to evoke, shock and
problematize.

Tickets are FREE and open to ALL. Please feel free to share.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/138529919719

Looking forward to interacting with you at 7PM EST.
All the very best,
Matt

Check out the next two weeks of programming here:
https://linktr.ee/considering.art

***

Oh, Hi. 👋 We are Considering.Art™ - a new LIVE arts and cultural
engagement platform that's as unique as you are. Join us! Unlike a typical
museum / gallery tour, here at CA - it's not really about us, we are more
interested in you.

Your ideas.
Your way of seeing.
Your thinking.

Never repeated and uniquely yours, our interactive and explorative video
tours last typically 60-90 mins in duration, and are facilitated LIVE by
your very own 'museum' guide. Cool right?

With a keen focus on contemporary art, together we aim to explore some of
the most pressing issues of today - bringing thoughts, feelings, and
observations into a lively and sometimes challenging exchange.

Developed in collaboration with a team of NYC art world professionals, in
response to COVID 19 closures, we are super excited to welcome you into our
global community as we join each other on this exciting journey.
Let’s do this... why not book a free tour today?

Once registered, your unique and direct link to our Zoom viewing / meeting
room will be provided - keep an eye out for an email from us.
Closed Captioning will be provided.

This will be fun!

We look forward to seeing you soon.
Until then, stay creative and keep asking questions.
Team Considering.Art™
❤️

***
About your facilitator: Mark develops and produces access platforms,
programming and communities with a view toward activating art as a tool for
positive political, economic and social change.

To date, his work has informed cultural strategy at Arts Council UK, the
British Broadcasting Corporation (History, Learning and Radio), the Beaney
Museum, Canterbury City Council, GOV.UK, Kent County Council, the London
2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Tate Galleries (Modern and Britain),
Artists Space, Bureau of General Services Queer Division, The LGBT
Community Center NYC, MAPP International, The New School, The New York
Public Library, the New Museum, Village Alliance Inc, Volta Art Fair,
International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020/21 Olympic and
Paralympic Games.

Mark is a proud member of the LGBTQIA+ community and an advocate for the
transformative power of increased access to and participation in art and
culture for all.

***END***

--

Considering.Art™
Your voice. Your idea.

The contents of this email
message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and
may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in
error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete
this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.