hello,

It has been a while since the last Choria releases, the reasons for this
is that I was stabilising the network protocols before releasing a new
Go based broker and federation broker package.

I wanted to give you a headsup that the next Choria release will have 2
gotchas.  If you are just blindly updating to these modules please keep
in mind!

For the upcoming Go based components to work correctly I had to make a
small change to the networking protocol of Choria and having made it I
am versioning those as version 1 of the protocol.

The end result is unfortunately that updating to the next Choria release
will introduce a incompatibility between old and new.  Your old client
can communicate to new servers but not the other way round.  Consider
this before upgrading. It's unfortunate this had to happen but that's
why I never made Choria 1.0.0, we're one step closer to that and the
stability it implies.

Another change that will land at the same time is related to config
files.  As of right now any config already in your server/client.cfg
files will be left alone and only some settings changed.  This has make
installation a pain because I had to insist on factory default configs
and also made recovering from mistakes problematic.

Going forward the entire config is managed, nothing you put into the cfg
files outside of the choria/mcollective module will survive, including
comments and ordering of the config file.

I anticipate these releases will land in the next few days, maybe next
week.

I am also looking for Beta testers for a new network broker and
federation broker all in one binary if anyone feel like spending some of
their time testing these with me get in touch.

--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar

--

---