On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 17:52, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> OK.  I was using a 3.x version of puppet-agent.  I uninstalled that, and
> installed puppet-agent-x64-latest.msi.  I see where it not only creates
> the
> puppet service, but also the mcollective service.  Great.  On looking
> in C:\ProgramData\PuppetLabs\mcollective\etc, I note that it's empty.
> Are
> there no "sample" server.cfg, and facts.yaml files?  So, fine, I had
> previously saved them, and copied them in the proper location.  Now for
> plugins.  Where are they.  There isn't even a plugins directory.  Do I
> manually create that, and populate it from
> this: marionette-collective-master.zip?  If not, where do I find the
> plugins, and what's the proper way to install them?

plugins like service/package/etc those are just not packaged anymore or
distributed by Puppet, you have to grab them from the various git repos
and install them by hand.  No windows compatible packager existed in old
mcollective either.

They would go in C:\ProgramData\PuppetLabs\mcollective\mcollective\agent
and other dirs.

Honestly it's not exactly user friendly or what I would consider usable.

Choria supports windows and would install it all for you, it's the only
place any effort is going into make this better or supporting anyone.
Choria being that it distributed them from the forge already supports
windows and would install all these things for you

--

---