hello,

With the next release in a few weeks a number of big changes will happen and I
wanted to give you a headsup and solicit some help with testing:

There is a new Choria Broker released for EL5, 6, 7, Stretch and Xenial. This
is a managed NATS instance with super minimal configuration.  Configured using
the choria::broker class.

Proposed documentation for this here:
http://dev.choria.io/docs/deployment/broker/

The NATS installation is deprecated and not recommended.  The module will
support ensure => absent.  This is not to say we do not buy into NATS, it means
we now recommend the Choria Broker which is a managed NATS instance.  NATS docs
will be removed.

The Ruby based Federation Broker is deprecated and being replaced by the same
Choria Broker.  This too is configured using choria::broker.  This is basically
the same thing, same config, same behaviours etc, its written in Go and where
you previously had to faff around with extra daemons and multiple instances and
all sorts of nasty things - it's all hosted in the Choria Broker now and runs
10 instances by default.  Much easier, lighter and more performant.

Proposed Federation Broker docs here: http://dev.choria.io/docs/federation/

I am shipping a first edition of new Data Adapters, I am not sure this will be
useful to people just yet but worth a look.  Today it only supports NATS
Streaming.  If any of you ever wanted to build really large scale metadata
ingest about your nodes lets chat about how this can help you. This will help
everyone though who want to ingest data from Choria into other systems.

Especially I am keen to explore asynchronous RPC a bit more soon, this will be
foundational to that.

Proposed docs for this: http://dev.choria.io/docs/adapters/

--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar