hello,

I am pleased to announce releases from the Choria project.

Notable achievements are that *mco facts* will once again work when used
with the Choria Server, while this in itself is a good thing what this
implies is that a whole class of compatibility issues when moving from
*mcollectived* to *Choria Server* have been fixed, those who wrote weird
custom agents in the past will have a smoother migration now.
The upcoming Choria Server release fully support intermediate
certificate chains and non Puppet CAs.  The Choria Provisioner supports
enrolling Server into custom CAs and we'll have documentation up for a
CFSSL based CA.  In these releases we support setting custom (non
Puppet) SSL related paths in the configuration files for the Ruby daemon
and client.
I'll release a Choria Server in the next few days, you might want to
wait for that.
Huge shout out to Vincent Janelle for all his help on the SSL side
of things!
*choria/mcollective_choria and choria/mcollective_agent_bolt_tasks
version 0.12.1:*
 * Improve backward compatibility in JSON mode
 * Support disabling PKI and TLS separately
 * Support identical settings to the go file security mode allowing non
   Puppet SSL file paths
 * Support intermediate certificate chains
 * Export the PKI and TLS modes via choria_util#info
 * Increase choria_util timeout to allow for slow facter
--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar

--

---