> On 08-Aug-99, Magnus wrote:
>
> > Sometimes when I download news, Microdot start to download 7-8 days
> > old mail, mail that I already have read. This doesn't happen often,
> > but its pretty irritating when it happen. Why does it behaves like
> > this?
>
> Just a guess, but perhaps your news server renumbers the articles which
> causes your last read pointers to get out of sync. It's happened to me a
> few times with my ISP, and now that enough of us have complained, they've
> stopped renumbering articles until they hit the 1 million mark.
Me too! First I unsubscribed from the comp.sys.amiga.hardware
newsgroup while I was on holiday, leaving my son to "mind the shop" by
downloading e-mail. Then when I re-subcsribed it downloaded all those
I had missed (all 2000+) before I caught up :^(( At least I did this a
few at a time over several days.
Then August had just arrived when it decided to download all the
postings for July, even those I had read and deleated. This time
stopping after a few hundred and starting again later would sometimes
cause it to start at the beginning again! Once it had caught up with
the backlog it was OK for a few days then it did it again (Only the
previous week's postings I think.) Perhaps it is something to do with
the eclipse ;^)
--
Regards
George Bayliss
________________________________________________________________
MicroDot-II Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"