Hi!
I often start two copies of MD-II 1.3 one after another - sorry I don't
use 1.3.12, cause it doesn't really work out for me - to be able to handle
my two email accounts at the same time.
Usually this works quite good, but there are some problems:
- starting them to quickly one after another via a DOpus Mag II button
bank makes at least one copy of MD-II crash before all two copies have
been loaded and initialised completely. I guess in initialisation stage
there MD-II does some stuff which is not completely multitasking - ie.
running two copies of MD-II at that initialize themselves - safe.
- when I change the address book in one copy of MD-II, quit this copy, and
then quit the other copy of MD-II, they changes are gone, cause the second
copy seem to have written back its address book also. Now I always only
change the address book of the copy of MD-II that I quit latest.
- same goes when I have two copies open for the same account and create a
new mail folder. When I quit the copy I created the mail folder with
before I quit the other copy without that mail folder, that mail folder
definition of the first copy is overwritten again by the second copy.
- maybe the same goes with configuration changes.
Thus anyway, MD-II should be made multitasking safe. Either by
inter-application communication, ie. MD.1 communication with MD.2 about
changes in group list and address book. Or by simply adding the ability to
handle more than one account at once into MD-II directly, thus one would
not have to start MD-II twice in that case.
IMHO the second solution is the better one. And then it could be made more
multitasking, multithreading. Its annoying that MD-II is completely
blocked when the mail transfer aborted with an error requester.
The same goes with AmIRC 3.1. I guess also there are some problems in
starting one copy of AmIRC for each server to connect two. But maybe the
two copies of AmIRC then communicate better than the two copies of MD-II.
I never ever tested that.
But nevertheless I would prefer a fully working, bug-free copy of MD-II
and of Voyager before any major new features are added. My impression is
that in the last time, at least some of the Vapor products never got
really stable at all. Its the problem when you add features all the time
without chasing out all bugs first ;-)
--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://home.pages.de/~helios
PGP: http://home.pages.de/~helios/autor/wie-erreichen.html
!!! New email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED] !!!
________________________________________________________________
MicroDot-II Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"