At 00:11 31-08-99 +0100, the honourable Chris Young said the following wise
words:
>Hi Seppo,
>
>On Saturday 28-Aug-99, Seppo Typp� wrote:
>
>> I tried to post a message to comp.sys.amiga.games newsgroup but after
>> pressing the send button I get following error message
>
>> '441 posting failed required "from" header missing'
>
>> How can I add the "from" field (it is not mentioned in the docs or in
>> the FAQ)? In 'new message' window there is only the 'to', 'cc' and
>> 'group' buttons.
>
>MD2 should put it on itself. I suspect your name and e-mail address (see
>Settings�Accounts...) either haven't been filled in/haven't saved or have
>been blanked out by a bad system crash. Check this and if it still doesn't
>work, come back to the list :-)
I guess the problem is worse than that. Yes, I have it too, and earlier I
read one went back to v0.198 because of it (I don't have a copy of that
archive so I haven't tested); Everything is filled out properly, and in my
case it just suddenly stopped working one day. Have gone over the settings
many times, but they're all correct.
Svein K�re
--
______ ____
| ___ |/ ___| Crazee Aftermoon - http://www.dionaea.com
|___ | <_ | Dionaea Art Gallery - http://www.dionaea.com/gallery/
|____|_|\____| ...Fantasy - Art - "Magic" - Dionaea - Harem...
________________________________________________________________
MicroDot-II Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"