Hi Matt,

"Magic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm not sure I can really agree with that one. I know just because Sony
> invented Minidisc it doesn't automatically follow they are best, but you
> can't just dismiss reliability and audio quality. 

I was only trying to say I didn't feel qualified to judge how Sony and
other makers do when it comes to equipment reliability and audio quality.

> If you did that, then you
> are almost saying I should have bought an Alba CD player rather than a
> Marantz one, because the Alba was cheaper and had more features. Sony charge
> a premium for their products because of their brand name, not because of
> their market position on MD, it is their brand reputation which gives them
> the ability to charge more for less.

Right, it's their reputation that allows them to charge a premium.

Rick
-----------------------------------------------------------------
To stop getting this list send a message containing just the word
"unsubscribe" to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to