Hi Felix, 

I'm responding to MD-L as well since I think your question is interesting.

>I was looking through your site for info about the sony mds je-510, it
>says that there is no main difference between the je500 and 510.
>I have a je 510 bought in Germany end of 97. And I am very sure that it
>has ATRAC 4.5 and not 4.0 as you said in your review, that was why they
>came out with it wasn't it.

The European MDS-JE510 is different in that it does have a 6 second
time machine (vs. 2 second time machine in the US model). AFAIK the
the confusion in the ATRAC designation came from a difference between
the Sony Germany marketing literature (which said 4.5) and the Sony
Japan service manuals (which said 4.0). I sided with the Sony
engineers. I am assuming that in
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MDS-JE510.html, Dirk
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) accurately read the service manuals in his
report about the European MDS-JE510's CXD2652AR chip being ATRAC 4.0.

Regards,
Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To stop getting this list send a message containing just the word
"unsubscribe" to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to