Nick Pasche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'm cc'ing my reply to the MD mailing list in case others are interested.

>my questions are primarily about the MD2 format coming out??  650 megs..
> is there player/recorders going to be made for these high volume disc??

Possibly, but none have been announced other than the MD Discam (see
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MD-Discam.html).

> is possible to take the data from the minidisc and put images from the
>Sony Discman and put them on a DVD for larger storage??? 

I'll assume you mean "DiscCam" when you write "DiscMan". I think the
current DVD-RAM/-RW recorders do not produce a disc you can read in
the current consumer DVD players.

> can the 140
>meg disc and the 650 meg disc be interchanged in any player/recorder and
>in the Sony Discman???

You can play normal MD Audio discs in the MD Discam, but you can't
record them with it (AFAIK).

>     thank you for time and info, if you can give me any more insight to
>these MD2 products it would be very much appreciated, i would like to
>invest in a Sony Discman, should a person just hold out for the mean
>while for other brand names??

I think the MD2 product field is a large unknown at this point, and
what comes next depends upon how the current MD Discam is accepted.

Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To stop getting this list send a message containing just the word
"unsubscribe" to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to