Hi James,

James Caran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> my recorder in my pocket.)  Most of it I have since replaced, with the
> exception of the great little plastic battery case that sony includes with
> the unit.  This allows a AA backup when the rechargable goes dead, which
> is incredibly useful when I am recording since it burns batteries like
> crazy.  I called sony and they wanted an outrageous amount of cash for it,
> I was expecting around $20 bucks, and I believe it was somewhere in the
> fifty range.  We're talking about a little piece of molded plastic with
> two terminals and a screw...  
>       Does anyone know where a replacement can be found cheaply? 

You can try www.japan-direct.com, they'll purchase stuff of the street
for you in Japan (but it's probably still at least JPY2500 (~$25)
retail there).

If you decide to make one, you'd be best off recreating the "Aiwa
type" battery box where the box attaches only with a cable. I've found
parts for you at Digikey (God I love the web!):

1) http://rocky.digikey.com/USCatalog/521.PDF has the battery case (AAx2
   with leads and switch!) for 72 cents (see figure 7).

2) http://www.digikey.com/EC/V3/111.pdf has power plugs (you'll have
   to figure out which one you need) for 78 cents (see figure 1 or 2).
  
If you (or someone) knows the power plug sizes, I'll put them on the
web page for the unit.
   
Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To stop getting this list send a message containing just the word
"unsubscribe" to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to