I've got an MZ-R50,which i commonly use to get into "parameter" service mode
in order to bypass the SCMS. This unit has firmware version 1.3.

Unfortunately, yesterday, i forgot to exit the "parameter" service mode
before using the original remote. I did not realise that i was still in
service mode until i've pushed and twisted the remote, thinking it was
broken. By the time i did realise and reset the unit,
the following changes to the operation of the remote happened:

decrease volume-stop
increase volume-decrease volume
playmode-decrease volume
display-increase volume

Could somebody please, please help me out with this? Would buying the
service manual be able to help me sort out this problem? Has anyone
experienced this before? I did not go into the real service mode as i am
afraid it would only make things worse. All other operations of the buttons
on the unit and remote works fine.

Regards
Faizal