[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Sony's gotta figure something out, in fact, I know they will.
>
> MD is only one of a few products that are backward compatable. A few that
> come to mind are"
>
> casette tapes - any compact casette player will play a compact casette
> unless it's digital or a different speed
>
> DirecTV stuff - Hey, they changed the compression, but then again, they
> planed on that.
>
> Atari - Hey, the 7800 played 2600 games
>
> Playstation 2 - I can sell my old box for a upgrade.

Allow me to make a sarcastic remark....
You've forgot the PC! Our current 1Ghz Athlon and Pentium III PCs are
still compatible to the first 4.7Mhz 8088 PCs... Thanks to Bill!

Cheers,
Ralph -> thank you IBM!
Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE