  From: David and Susan Tedeschi=20
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 5:34 AM
  Subject: MD: Computer Com Serial Port to Mini Disc Question

  My wife picked up a Sony MZ R-70 Mini Disc in Hong Kong this weekend.=20
  The salesmen gave her a bunch of extra cables.  One of the cables he=20
  give her, he said it was the digital connect from the computer to the=20
  Mini Disc.  The cable has on one end, a serial connection and on the=20
  other end, a Stereo mini plug.  The cable reminded me of a digital=20
  camera connection.  He told her that the mini plug should go into the=20
  optical port on the Mini Disc.  So I connected the serial end to COM1=20
  and plugged the other into the Mini Disc.  In to MS-DOS I went and =
tried=20
  copying a wav file to the serial port.  All I got was white noise on =
the=20
  Disc.=20

  So I started surfing the net for more information, hence my =
subscription=20
  to this list and this question.=20

  Can one copy from the PC to a Mini Disc via this serial / Stereo=20
  mini-plug cable?=20

  Thanks=20

  --=20
  David Tedeschi=20