We also use CommVault for backups and are also seeing a similar problem.
However, in our case, the kernel eventually hangs as hundreds of ifind threads
are deadlocked waiting for a semaphore that they can't get. We've been working
with Sun Support on this for the last few weeks, but they've not nailed it down
yet.

However, one of the complicating factors for us is the way we use
autofs/automounter - we have maps that use variable substitution (dir
server:/export/&) that seems to be confusing the automounter, but [b]only[/b]
when the map is provided via NIS. If you are not seeing kernel hangs, it may be
a result of not using autofs the way we are.

BTW, we tried both the 6.1 & 7.0 versions of the CommVault client, and both
versions are resulting in this hang.

I am working with a support engineer to provide him with access to a test
system where we've been able to reproduce this failure. Once he determines the
source of the bug I will post further information here.

Bill